orange zest, finely chopped
heavy whipping cream
- In a deep sauce pan, combine sugar, orange juice and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- Momentarily remove the pan from the heat; add the whipping cream, stirring to mix well.
- Return the pan to the stove; bring to a boil, cooking for 2 minutes and stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add the extract. Stir to combine well.
- Cool and serve warm or cold over pound cake, ice cream, or whatever!