shell macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
hot Italian sausage, chopped finely
1 (15 ounce)
garlic cloves, minced
flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated and divided
1 1/2 cups
mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
1 (26 ounce) jars
marinara sauce, any flavor you like
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook chopped sausage until browned and cooked thoroughly inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except marinara sauce(reserve 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese). Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked sausage to mixture.
- Drain pasta when it is al dente.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x12 baking pan.
- Pick up one shell at a time and carefully stuff 1-2 tablspoons of the mixture into the shell. Place the stuffed shells next to one another inside the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce all over the tops of the stuffed shells.
- Cover dish with foil and bake approximately 40 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- In the remaining 5 minutes, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve hot!