1 (2 1/2-3 lb)
pork back ribs, cut into 3 pieces
1 (8 ounce) jars
chipotle hot sauce
ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place pork ribs in baking dish.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sauce, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Pour chipotle sauce mixture over ribs in baking dish and toss until coated.
- Place ribs, in a single layer, on a large piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Bring up long sides of foil and seal close with double fold.
- Seal close remaining short sides of foil with double fold to form a foil packet.
- Place foil packet, seam side up, in jelly-roll pan or on baking sheet in oven.
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat oven broiler.
- If juices have leaked onto jelly-roll pan or baking sheet, wipe dry with paper towels.
- Open foil packet.
- Generously brush ribs with some remaining chipotle sauce.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn ribs over and generously brush with additional chipotle sauce.
- Continue broiling for 3 minutes more.