chicken breast, bone in, skin on
fresh ground black pepper
homemade chicken stock
celery, medium diced
carrot, medium diced
wide egg noodles
fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin and shred or dice the chicken meat.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery, carrots and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until noodles are cooked.
- Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through.
- Season to taste and serve.