1 2/3 cups
1 1/4 cups
( can use half white sugar and Splenda if desired)
unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups
skim milk yogurt
( or use low-fat or fat-free sour cream)
( or use 2 whole eggs)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl sift the flour with cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat the sugar with egg whites and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in the yogurt and applesauce until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done (watch closely, do not over bake!).