granny smith apples, sliced
brown sugar, packed
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, melt butter (If your butter browns a bit, don't get excited! This gives an even better flavor.
- Add sliced, unpeeled apples, cover, and saute, stirring frequently.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. (Sometimes, for a taste difference, I also throw in 1/2 cup chopped pecans, at this point).
- When apples are just barely starting to get tender, stir in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Continue cooking until sugar has dissolved into syrup.
- Serve with hot buttered biscuits and sausage on the side; or alongside ham or pork.