1 (14 ounce) packages
( of course)
2 1/2 cups
coarsely chopped pecans
dark chocolate confectionary coating
( or white chocolate)
- Butter two cookie sheets (do NOT try using wax paper--the caramel will stick to it).
- Combine caramels, butter and water; zap in the microwave (uncovered) on high power for about 3 minutes--STIRRING every 30-45 seconds. Add the pecans and stir.
- Drop from a spoon (use a knife to keep things neat) onto the BUTTERED baking sheets.
- Chill sheets for an hour or freeze for 15 minutes (caramel will be set).
- Coarsely chop both the dark chocolate and the almond bark/white candy coating.
- Melt chocolate and bark in the microwave, on high for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- Dip pecan clusters in the chocolate; place clusters on waxed paper. Chill until firm.