minced fresh ginger
minced jalapeno pepper
frozen baby peas
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onions are translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add broth and peas; cook until broth is reduced and peas are are hot; 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and condiments: chutney, chopped peanuts chopped fresh cilantro and sour cream.
- We keep minced ginger in a small container in the freezer compartment and make chicken broth from the bones whenever we have chicken and keep a bottle of chutney around just for this dish. One small jalapeno is sufficient if not generous for the amount (remember to use gloves). Warning; this dish is too small for our family of eaters. We double it and have extra food the next day.