1 cup almond paste or 1 cup
1 teaspoon almond extract or 2 -3 drops
bitter almond oil
2 -3 drops
flour, preferably almond flour
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Break the marzipan in pieces into a medium-sized bowl. Mix in the sugar, salt, flavorings and almond flour; the mixture will be crumbly. Add the egg white, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the pine nuts in a shallow dish. Using a teaspoon cookie scoop, or your lightly oiled or wets hands, drop one inch balls of dough into the pine nuts, rolling and pressing gently to coat them thoroughly. You may also simply grab a handful of pine nuts, and roll the dough between your palms, pressing in pine nuts as you go.
- Place the cookies on lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets, leaving about one inch between them.
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 22 minutes, or until they're lightly browned. Cool them on the pans for five minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.