vidalia onion, thinly sliced
fresh green beans, trimmed
light soy sauce
- Place oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, cook onion and sugar, stirring often, 25-30 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in boiling water 4-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process and drain.
- Add cooked beans to the skillet with the onions.
- Stir in marmalade and soy sauce; cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until marmalade melts and mixture is thoroughly heated.