eggplants, peel half of each one and chop into bite-size pieces
cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into about one-inch chunks
red bell pepper, chopped
garlic cloves, chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 -3 cups
vegetable stock, plus
vegetable stock, divided
( or chicken stock if non-vegetarian desired)
mild curry paste, more if desired
1 (15 ounce) cans
1 (10 ounce) bags
spinach, thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) bags
- Place about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Bring heat back up to medium-high and toss in the red bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, (add a little more oil should the mixture seems dry).
- Keep cooking for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in stock and bring to a simmer.
- In the meantime, add the curry paste and the mango chutney along with 1 cup of the stock in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the curry mixture into the pot along with the chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture up to a bubble and simmer for 10-15 minutes, (until the potatoes and veggies are nice and tender and the flavors have melded together).
- Fold spinach in at the end.
- Serve generous amounts in bowls and top with pita chips.
- Garnish plain yogurt if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).