smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons
( or use vanilla)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
chocolate-covered toffee bits
4 (1 ounce)
semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- In a large bowl stir together peanut butter with sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets, then gently flatten with the tines of the fork.
- Bake 325 for 15 minutes or until golden brown; remove to wire racks to cool.
- FOR VARIATIONS; press 1 cup of either chocolate chips, toffee bits or chopped peanuts on top of the prepared cookie dough, then bake as directed.
- Or another variation for chocolate peanut butter cookies is; divide the peanut butter cookie dough in half; stir in half of the the melted baking squares into each half of the peanut butter cookie dough, then mix until combined, bake as directed.