dried fettuccine pasta
( or other type such as Linguine, Fusilli, etc.)
red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
yellow bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
green beans, the slender kind, cut in half
( or you may substitute 1 cup pea pods)
frozen large shrimp, without tails
( peeled, deveined and thawed, 26 to 30 shrimp per pound count)
garlic cloves, minced
grated fresh ginger
( or you may substitute 1/2 tsp. ginger root powder)
ground black pepper
bottled plum sauce
toasted sesame oil
red chili paste
green onions, sliced thin
sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix ingredients for the sauce (listed above) and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet or wok, cook and stir green beans and sweet peppers in hot oil for five minutes. Push veggies to the side if using a wok. Otherwise pour them in with the pasta to free up the skillet.
- Add a little oil to the skillet if needed, to continue. Add the garlic, ginger, and black pepper. When oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until they are opaque.
- Add sauce to skillet. (If substituting pea pods for green beans, add them now too).
- Finally, add pasta, green beans and sweet peppers back into the skillet and heat through.
- To serve, top with sesame seeds and green onions.