4 (8 ounce)
flat iron steaks
( top blade)
red wine vinegar
red bell peppers, quartered
red onion, sliced
- Combine seasoning ingredients.
- Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks.
- Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks.
- Grill flat iron steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- To broil, place steaks and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and until vegetables are tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 3 to 4 minutes.