1 (8 ounce) packages
whole wheat pita bread
fresh parsley, chopped
egg whites, lightly beaten
garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 or 3 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each pita into 4 wedges, then gently cut or pull each wedge apart, to form a total of 64 triangles.
- Combine parsley, egg white, olive oil, garlic and salt in small bowl.
- Spoon some of the parsley mixture over rough side of each triangle.
- Place triangles, parsley side up, in single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges of triangles are toasted and parsley topping is set.
- Cool chips on baking sheets on wire racks.