2 (28 ounce) cans
1 1/2 medium
green bell pepper
thin cut boneless pork chops, cut into strips
uncooked Minute Rice
( cheddar or monterey jack)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large saucepan combine the tomatoes, 2 jalapeno peppers (quartered), 1 onion (quartered), 3-4 cloves garlic (whole), 3/4 of the bell pepper (sliced) and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium high heat until the peppers and onions are tender.
- While the sauce is cooking, dice the remaining jalapeno, onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Set aside.
- In a large deep skillet fry pork chop strips over medium heat until fully cooked and tender (no need to add oil).
- When the pork chops are fully cooked, pour the tomato mixture into a blender until liquified. Pour over pork chops in skillet, cover and simmer on low heat.
- While that is simmering, cook the rice according to directions. Saute the diced peppers, onion, and garlic in oil until tender. Pour cooked rice into sauted ingredients and mix well.
- Pour rice into 13x9 baking dish, pour pork chop mixture over rice and cover with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes.