garlic cloves, minced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
Italian stewed tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) cans
minced fresh parsley
shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine water, cornmeal and salt in a double boiler or heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage and garlic in a large skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Cut sausage into 1-in. pieces; return to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Spread half of the cornmeal mixture in a serving dish; top with half of the sausage mixture. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.