3 1/2-4 lbs
skinless chicken pieces, skinned**
chicken bouillon granules
carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
( large or 2 small to medium, diced)
1 1/2 cups
- Place chicken in a large pot.
- Add water, bouillon, poultry seasoning and thyme.
- Simmer chicken for one and a half hours, or until done.
- Remove chicken, straining it into a large bowl.
- Return stock to large pot.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and celery.
- Simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from the bones and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine milk and flour and gradually add to stew.
- Add peas and stir to stew comes back to a boil and thickens.
- Return chicken and heat through.
- Serve in bread bowls.
- ** either use skinned chicken pieces or skin after cooking and skim fat off after cooking broth.
- ** you can also use a store bought deli chicken (the skin is easily removed), removing meat and using the carcass to make the broth - you may have to add extra bouillon as per your taste.