FOR THE PASTRY
gluten-free flour, mix
FOR THE FILLING
dried apricots, finely diced
dried figs, finely diced
orange, juice and zest of, grated
icing sugar, to serve
- To make the pastry: put the flour and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and pulse until it looks like very fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and 3 tbsp cold water, and pulse until the mixture starts to clump together, about 30 secs.
- Tip the mixture onto a board and gently squeeze the pastry until it comes together into a ball - add water if it feels dry.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 [For Americans, that's 375 F).
- Roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of £1 coin (3.15mm).
- Using a 7cm cutter, cut out 10-12 discs and use to line a 12-hole bun tin with them.
- Use a 6cm cutter for the lids, or use a 6cm star cutter to make star shapes.
- Chill both.
- Make the mincemeat: put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse on and off until evenly chopped.
- Spoon 1-2 tsp into each tart, dampen the edge of the pastry bottom with water and sit a smaller pastry disc or star on top.
- Using scissors, snip a hole in the lid, if you've made round tops.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.
- Lift onto a wire rack to cool and dredge with icing sugar.