white bread, with crusts removed
ham, sliced thinly
sharp cheddar cheese
green pepper, finely chopped
1 -2 teaspoon
red pepper sauce
( e.g. Tabasco)
Special K cereal or
corn flakes, crushed
- In a 9" x 13" buttered glass baking dish, put 8 pieces of bread, and add pieces to cover dish entirely.
- Cover bread with slices of back bacon or ham- it's best if your meat is about the size of the bread slice, for ease of cutting after it's cooked.
- Lay slices of cheddar cheese on top of bacon and then cover with slices of bread to make it like a sandwich.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- To the egg mixture add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco, and then pour over the sandwiches.
- Cover and let stand in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, melt ¼ lb.
- butter, and pour over the top.
- Cover with crushed Special K or corn flakes and bake, UNCOVERED for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- It's very nice served with fresh, chopped fruit.