( Chinese rice wine)
( Hot Asian)
fresh ginger, grated
garlic, finely chopped
sea scallops, halved
( thin slice)
wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 1 hour
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, Mirin, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and oil. Add scallops and toss well. Set aside to marinate for 1/2 hour under refrigeration.
- Cook the bacon until lightly browned but only about half cooked. It must still be flexible enough to wrap around the scallops. Cut each piece in half.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Remove the scallops from the marinade and pat dry. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped scallops on the grill and cook for about 6 minutes until bacon is crispy and the scallops are firm. Watch for flare ups and turn them often. Serve immediately.