fresh savoy cabbage, washed & trimmed
2 tablespoons onions, confit or 2 tablespoons
fresh ground black pepper
- Wash and trim the cabbage, removing the very tough centre heart if necessary.
- Separate the leaves, and shred very finely.
- In a wok or pan, heat up the butter over a high heat, until just melting & bubbling - add the cabbage and stir around thoroughly.
- Lower the heat a bit, and place a lid on the wok/pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid, add the Confit d'Oignon and stir well. Keep stirring for about 2-3 minutes, until eveything is well mixed and the cabbage is just starting to wilt slightly - BUT still retains it's colour & crunch.
- Take off the heat, season well with ground black pepper & serve immediately.
- Fry some lardons or bacon in the wok/pan until crispy, drain off the excess fat and then add the cabbage and confit d'oignon as above. Butter is not needed for this method.