1 3/4 lbs
boneless pork shoulder
( cut into about 1-inch pieces)
salt and black pepper
( can use less)
dried chili pepper flakes
( optional or to taste)
1 -2 tablespoon
( or to taste)
1 (15 ounce) cans
black beans, rinsed and drained
( or use pinto beans)
1 (10 ounce) cans
cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 (4 ounce) cans
diced green chili peppers, drained
uncooked instant Minute Rice
( use white or brown)
( or use chicken or beef broth)
( mild or spicy)
2 -4 teaspoons
( or use as much as desired)
salt and pepper
grated cheddar cheese
sour cream, for top
- Season the pork cubes with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet; add in the pork and brown on all sides or until cooked through.
- Add in the onions, garlic and dried chili flakes (if using) the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2 or 3-quart casserole dish.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (except the sour cream) mix with wooden spoon to combine.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese; return to oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbley.
- Serve with sour cream on the side.