1 3/4 cups
finely chopped walnuts
4 1/2 teaspoons
2 1/4 teaspoons
( or to taste)
1/4 cup cold butter or 1/4 cup
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and cream, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface, gently pat into a 7-inch circle, 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut tino 8 wedges.
- Separate wedges, place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush top with buttermilk and let rest 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.