3 cups white bread (about 4 slices, cubed) or 3 cups
cinnamon raisin bread
( about 4 slices, cubed)
1 3/4 cups
- Cut or tear bread into 2" cubes and place on a baking sheet.
- Pop them into a preheated 325 F oven for just a few minutes (keep checking them),just to barely toast them(the idea is to dry out the bread a bit so that it doesn't all turn to mush later in the pudding).
- Set the bread cubes aside to cool when they are done.
- Using a whisk, beat together eggs, milk, marmalade, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Place the bread cubes into an ungreased 8 1/2" round deep baking dish.
- Sprinkle raisins over the top, then pour the egg mixture over all.
- Bake at 325 F for 40 minutes or untila knife inserted near the center comes out clean (not gloppy) and the custard seems set.
- Cool slightly before serving and chill the leftovers.