unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups
extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons
pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups
1 1/4 whole
fresh blueberries, picked through for stems
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 16 paper liners in muffin pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed.
- Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
- **Barefoot Contessa uses an ice-cream scoop to measure the batter so that every muffin comes out the same size.
- ***Greasing the tops of the pans makes it easier to take the muffins out after baking.