( washed and drained)
vegetable bouillon cube
( or any other crunchy vegetable that takes yer fancy)
red bell pepper
hot red chili pepper
clarified butter or
1/2 cup low-fat Quark cheese or 1/2 cup
1/4 cup gouda cheese or 1/4 cup
edam cheese, grated
- Prepare Millet.
- Put millet, water, and boullion cube into a heavy flameproof casserole or other heavy pot. Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes. Reduce heat to low setting and put lid on casserole letting millet absorb water for 20 minutes or so until done.
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion, carrot, bell pepper, and hot chili pepper.
- Saute onion and peppers in a heavy skillet and then add carrot and chili pepper and cook until crisp tender. Add cooked millet to the mix, remove from stove, and stir in quark (or ricotta).
- Serve with a sprinkling of cheese and garnish with cilantro.
- If can’t handle the fire change this to a “heavenly hash” (heh, heh) by omitting the red hot chili pepper. Good served with a crisp salad and fresh fruit for dessert.