( no substitutes)
heavy whipping cream
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, and milk.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; add to creamed mixture.Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Beat egg white.Dip balls into egg white and roll in the nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Make a 3/8 - 1/2 inch indentation in the center of each ball with the end of a wooden spoon (or your thumb!).
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Remove to cool on wire racks.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat; stir until smooth.
- Using 1/2 tsp caramel mixture, fill each cookie.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave; drizzle over cookies.