jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Place onion, garlic, ginger root, jalapeño pepper, soy sauce, and honey in a blender. (if you don't have jalapeño peppers, you can use red pepper flakes) Blend until it looks like a mushy sauce. It will look weird but it's just the marinade. :).
- Put sauce in a gallon zipper bag and put flank steak inside. Marinate overnight.
- Take steak out of marinade, pat dry with a paper towel and coat with oil. Discard marinade.
- Put on grill and don't keep playing with it! Let it sit on each side for 5 minutes.
- Take off grill and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting into it. (This will allow the juices to be reabsorbed into the meat without it running out with the first cut into the steak).
- Cut steak at an angle, against the grain and very thin. Serve.