4 (10 -16 ounce)
New York strip steaks, 1 inch thick
kosher salt, to taste
- Place pepper corns in mortar and pestle, coarsely crush until most of the corns are broken (you can use a coffee grinder or food processor for this step).
- Cover one side of steaks with crushed pepper and press in firmly, sprinkle with lime pepper seasoning and salt.
- Turn steaks over and repeat the same process .
- Place in refrigerator for 3 hours, uncovered.
- Heat grill, brush grate with vegetable or olive oil and place steaks over hottest part of fire for 3 minutes, turn the steaks over for another 3 minutes.
- Move the steaks to a cooler part of grill and continue to cook until done to your liking.
- Serve with steak sauce and lots of beer.
- This is not as hot (spicy) as it sounds. The peppers season the steaks just right.