( fresh is more authentic)
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a rapid boil.
- Combine the farina, nutmeg, eggs, butter and salt in a large bowl and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop up small spoonfuls of the batter and scrape them into the boiling stock.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the dumplings from sticking; they will float when they are done!
- NOTE: If your dumplings disintegrate when they hit the water, ensure that your stock is rapidly boiling; also, "pack" your batter together a bit before dunking it, and/or add another tablespoon or two of farina to your batter -- it may be too moist (again, allow the batter to rest 1-2 minutes before continuing).