1 (12 ounce) boxes
jumbo pasta shells
( about 32 shells)
2 (10 ounce) packages
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
firm tofu, drained well
part-skim ricotta cheese
shredded parmesan cheese, split
1 small onions or 1 medium
garlic cloves, minced
fresh ground pepper
1 (25 ounce) jars
( or more if you love spaghetti sauce)
- Cook pasta shells according to box directions, drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Sautee onions and garlic over medium, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent (careful not to burn garlic). Take off of heat and allow to cool off a bit.
- Mash together spinach, tofu, Ricotta cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, onions and garlic, s&p and nutmeg.
- Fill shells generously, about a heaping tablespoon each. You can modify as you go.
- ***TO FREEZE:*** Put shells on a baking sheet so that they are not touching. Freeze uncovered for about 20 minutes, then toss into a freezer bag. This way they will not stick together.
- To bake shells right away: Preheat oven to 350. Spread a few tablespoons spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a large casserole. Put shells in, filling-side up. Top with remaining sauce and parmesan cheese. Cook covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for 5 or 10 minutes.