fresh cleaned trout
( or other freshly caught freshwater fish)
6 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 -2 tablespoon
18 fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons
dried mint leaves
6 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons
6 fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon
1 -2 teaspoon
( 6 to 9 grinds)
- Put one sprig or generous shake of rosemary down the middle of each fish.
- Chop all the other herbs and seasonings and mash them into the soft butter.
- Use this to coat the fish generously on each side.
- Griddle, barbeque or grill it for 4-5 minutes on each side or till the skin is well browned and the flesh flaking off the bone.
- Baste frequently with the butter that runs off.
- Serve at once with fresh peasant bread and a salad or a simple green vegetable.