extra lean ground beef, I prefer 90% lean
long grain white rice, raw
garlic cloves, minced
1 (396.89 g) can
original stewed tomatoes, chopped
1 (297.66 g) can
fresh black pepper
- Wash peppers, cut tops off and remove core. Drain and chop stewed tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the chopped stewed drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Stuff peppers with this mixture and sit in the crockpot standing up. Trim bottoms of any especially wonky peppers though they should stand and up packed nicely.
- Combine tomato soup, chili sauce, the rest of the chopped tomatoes and reserved stewed tomato liquid. Check the consistency as you may not need all of the reserved tomato liquid.
- Pour sauce over peppers.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. This can take less or more time as crockpots differ wildly.