( can use chocolate chips)
- In a heavy sauce pan, boil almond slivers, sugar and water over low to medium heat until all the water is gone and the sugar crystallizes on the nuts.
- Pour almond slivers out onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Separate clumps with a greased fork.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven about 15 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Melt chocolate over low heat with constant stirring.
- When candied almonds have cooled, dip into melted chocolate.
- Place on foil to set.