4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
cut green beans
3 (5 ounce) jars
Kraft cheese spread with bacon
( in those little jars that make good juice glasses after you get the label off!)
1 1/3 cups
French fried onion rings
( from FRENCH'S)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, then stir in the flour until mixture is smooth. Don't brown the sauce.
- Open cans of beans and drain, preserving the liquid.
- Spread beans across bottom of a lasagna pan or baking dish of your choice. (Should be an oven-to-table dish.).
- Over low-to-medium heat, slowly add the liquid from the beans to the white sauce, stopping when you have a medium gravy thickness. You probably won 't use all the bean juice.
- Spoon the cheese spread into the liquid, stirring until it has melted.
- Pour the combined sauce over the green beans.
- Put the beans in the oven. Allow to bake for 15 or 20 minutes, then add the onion rings as a topping. (Don't add them at the beginning of the baking; they'll get too brown!).
- Bake for another 10 minutes or so. (Timing is not critical because the beans are already "cooked." You're only heating them up.).
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
- Be prepared to make a bigger batch next time. :).