mild pork sausage
hot pork sausage
1 (30 ounce) packages
frozen hash browns
1 1/2 teaspoons
shredded cheddar cheese
spring onions, finely chopped
( I added this to the recipe)
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped chili peppers
( also added by me)
- Cook sausages in large skillet over med-high heat -- stirring until crumbled and done. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to pkg directions, using 1/tsp salt and pepper.*.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, cheese, onions and chili peppers. Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and remaining 1 tsp salt*. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- This was taken from Southern Living Magazine to which I added the onions and peppers. I am not a sausage fan but did enjoy this. Hope you do too.