water, to cover potato
kosher salt, for boiling
( don't increase salt for more servings)
2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons
fresh ground pepper
minced chives or
1 dash italian seasoning (optional) or 1 dash onion powder (optional) or 1 dash garlic powder (optional) or 1 dash
- Wash potatoes and remove eyes and bad spots. Do not peel. Cut in half or large chunks. If using garlic, peel clove and place in pot with potatoes.
- Cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium-low for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes and put back into pot. Add remaining ingredients and mash in the pot using a hand-held potato masher.
- Add additional milk, salt and pepper as needed. Add optional spices if desired.
- Top with paprika and either parsley or chives.