chicken broth (or use enough broth to cover potatoes, or use half water and broth) or
( or use enough broth to cover potatoes, or use half water and broth)
( peeled and leave whole, do not cut)
( can use milk)
( can use more)
( can use 2 eggs)
( to taste)
fresh ground pepper
( optional and to taste)
- Place the whole potatoes into a saucepan then cover with the broth (or broth and water or all water, make certain that potatoes are covered with the broth) bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low then, cover and cook until potatoes are fork-tender (since the potatoes are left in one piece cooking time will take about 25 minutes or a little more) drain then place into a large bowl.
- Add in cream or milk, sour cream and butter, then mash the potatoes until small chunks.
- Add in the eggs and continue to mash or mix until fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.