( 2 pounds)
bacon, prepared as in Recipe # 242966
thinly sliced celery
finely chopped onion
sweet pickle relish
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1/4 cups
apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons
hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Drain well.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion, sweet relish and bacon bits.
- Combine mayo, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
- Add mayo mixture to potatoes.
- Toss lightly to coat potato mixture.
- Carefully fold in the chopped eggs.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Bacon bit tip: Partially freeze your package of bacon. Use a sharp knife and cut the frozen bacon into long strips about 1/4 inch wide. Turn the bacon and cut the strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide. You now have perfect raw bacon pieces to fast fry. No need to separate. They will separate during cooking. Perfect bacon bits.