lamb chops, fat trimmed
salt & fresh ground pepper
garlic cloves, minced
shallot, finely chopped
dry red wine
fresh rosemary, minced
fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth or 3/4 cup
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season lamb chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the oil to the skillet. Add chops to the pan cook 4 minutes.
- Turn chops over and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Remove chops from the skillet and set aside in a warm place.
- Pour off all but 2 tsp of fat from skillet. Add the garlic and shallot. Cook until they become transparent and tender.
- Add the wine, rosemary, and parsley, stirring up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer over high heat until syrupy. That will take about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced by about half.
- Combine butter and flour in a cup (beurre manie).
- Stir mustard and cream into sauce. Adjust seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Add beurre manie to sauce and stir well until incorporated into sauce and sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Plate chops, 2 per plate, and add sauce over top. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
- Serve Immediately.