shrimp, peeled and deveined
( 26-30 count)
( any kind will do)
canned crushed tomatoes
Thai curry paste
( I used "mild", available at supermarkets)
cooked jasmine rice, made with the proper amount of
473.18 ml fish stock or 473.18 ml
fish bouillon cubes, dissolved in water
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl, add Rum and sprinkle with Cajun spice powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet and sauté onion until tender.
- Add curry paste and water, mixing well.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and set aside.
- Stir in marinade and tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Don’t overcook or shrimp will be tough and rubbery.
- Serve over cooked Jasmine rice.