( about 10 oz, finely shredded)
1 (340.19 g) carton
1 (226.79 g) package
2 (255.14 g) can
( deveined, drained & finely chopped)
dried onion flakes
ground red pepper
( finely diced)
( finely diced)
- Use your food processor or immersion blender to combine all ingredients (except the shrimp & diced peppers) till the mixture is smooth.
- Then, stir in the diced shrimp & peppers.
- Decide your presentation, prepare for it accordingly & chill for at least 1 hr before removing to garnish as desired & serve (with crackers, bread or choice of vegetables/crudites).
- Presentation #1: Use the Christmas mold of your choice or bowl and line with plastic wrap.
- Form into a log or ball wrapped in plastic wrap - Use a 1-qt round tube mold lined w/plastic wrap (meant to resemble a holiday wreath).
- Presentation #2: Prepare as bread or tortilla pinwheels and chill as directed above.
- In Iceland, bread pinwheels are called brauðterta. They are very popular & are made w/an already cooked, flattened & rolled bread product from the freezer section.
- It has a durable plastic sheet w/it to help you get a compact roll after you apply the filling.
- I do not believe this product is available in the U.S., but I suppose you could get creative & make your own.
- To Garnish: The recipe suggested using a combination of finely diced green & red peppers, cucumber, pimento or parsley.
- I happen to think that plumped dried cranberries would be good for this & even added to the shrimp & cheese mix.
- Bottom line: Use whatever suits your fancy to create your own desired holiday look.
- Regarding pictures: I posted pictures of the brauðterta & tortilla version as it is a little late to go for a holiday look. In the tortilla pic, I made a stacker & cut wedges. I also got 7 2" tortilla rounds from each 8" tortilla using my cookie cutter.