1 1/4 cups
pandan leaves, knotted
- Start with one cup of sugar, but more can be used. Use less/more pandan, depending on the level of fragrance you want this to have.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl until well blended and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add in coconut cream and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the top of a double boiler and "steam" uncovered for 1 hour, stirring constantly.
- Cover then "steam" for another 2 hours, refilling with boiling water and stirring mixture every 1/2 hour.
- After steaming for a combined 3 hours, the mixture should be thick and golden brown.
- Add the knotted pandan leaves and allow the mixture to "steam" for another hour without stirring.
- Remove knotted pandan leaves and cool before filling into clean, warm bottles to store.