finely minced garlic
1 (35 ounce) cans
Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 lbs
potatoes, scrubbed,preferably red or russet,cut into hunks
carrots, peeled,cut into 4 to 5 chunks
small white onion, peeled
celery, cut into 1/2-inch,slices
small white mushrooms
turkey drumsticks, skinned,about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each
( or 1 drumstick and thigh)
10 ounces fresh green peas or 10 ounces
frozen green peas, thawed
1 1/2 cups fresh corn or 1 1/2 cups
frozen corn, thawed
finely minced parsley
freshly ground black pepper
- In pressure cooker, heat oil; sauté garlic 10 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and salt.
- Stand the 2 drumsticks, meaty side down, in the soup.
- Lock cooker lid in place and, over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook 12 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop naturally, or reduce pressure with a quick-release method.
- Remove lid, tilting it away from you to allow excess steam to escape.
- Remove drumsticks from soup; cut meat from bone.
- Cut the meat into 1-inch chunks; return it to the pot.
- Discard the bone, or reserve it for stock.
- Stir in the peas, corn and parsley; boil over medium heat until cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.