sweet Italian sausage links
reduced-sodium chicken broth
baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
garlic, finely minced
1 (15 ounce) cans
cannellini beans, drained
( Italian white kidney beans, you can use red)
Baby Spinach, chopped
( found in the produce section with the ready to mix salad greens)
fresh ground pepper
grated parmesan cheese
- Remove sausage skin, add sausage meat and onions to a 6 quart sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage, until no longer pink.
- Add broth, potato, garlic and basil.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender.
- Add cannelini beans and spinach, cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, cook another minute or 2 until heated through.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese.