3 1/2 cups
frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and as much moisture removed as possible
fresh ground pepper
salt & fresh ground pepper
cooked bacon, crumbled
1 (10 ounce) cans
Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped green onion
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the hash brown potatoes, 1/4 cup vegetable oil,the beaten egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spray the muffin tins with cookng spray oil.
- Using a large 6 serving muffin tin, spoon about 1/2 cup into the bottom and pressing up the sides of each.
- Be sure the surface of each tin is covered well.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add a little shredded cheddar cheese to the bottom of each tin.
- While the baskets are cooking, melt 1 tbls. of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, half & half and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the drained Rotel and crumbled bacon.
- Cook the eggs in the melted butter until set.
- Spoon cooked egg mixture evenly into each tin.
- Top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with chopped green onion if using.