fat-free lemon yogurt
grated lemon zest
fresh lemon juice
1% low-fat milk
2 cups fresh mixed berries or 2 cups
frozen mixed berries
- Line a sieve with a coffee filter, spoon in the yogurt and let drain for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add cornstarch, salt, 1 Tbsp lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk together.
- Whisk in the milk over medium heat.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and cook, stirring constantly, until custard is thickened to the consistency of a thin pudding – about 5-8 minutes.
- Bring it up TO the boiling point but DO NOT let it boil.
- Remove when it is thickened and immediately pour into a bowl.
- Stir in vanilla, let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in the yogurt cheese from first step and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- To serve, top berries with chilled custard sauce and garnish with the fresh mint and remaining lemon zest.