1/3 cup apple cider or 1/3 cup apple juice or 1/3 cup
- Add applesauce, sugars, and cider together in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add spices and cook on low, covered, for 3 more hours.
- Uncover and continue cooking on low for 1-4 hours or until sufficiently thickened. May take longer, depends on how thick you like it and your crock pot.
- Ladle hot apple butter into 1/2 pint or pint size canning jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 6 pints.
- If you're not into canning, this would probably freeze very well.