snow pea pods, trimmed
4 (4 -5 ounce)
skinless fresh tilapia fillets
fresh ground pepper
almonds, coarsely chopped
fresh parsley, snipped
- In a large saucepan, bring lightly salted water to boil.
- Add pea pods. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season fish with salt and pepper on one side; sprinkle with flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot (a drop of water should sizzle or roll) remove from heat and add olive oil, tilting pan to coat with oil.
- Return pan to heat and add fish (if necessary, cook fish half at a time).
- Cook fish for 4 to 5 minutes or until it is easy to remove with spatula.
- Gently turn fish and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Arrange peas on a serving platter; arrange fish on top of peas.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add butter to skillet. When butter begins to melt, stir in almonds.
- Cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until butter is melted and nuts are lightly toasted (do not let butter burn).
- Spoon butter mixture over fish fillets.
- Sprinkle with parsley.